NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 1st Annual General Meeting of African Shipowners Association will hold on 27th– 29th March 2019 at the Federal Palace Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria, to transact the following businesses:
The agenda for this is divided into two parts
- Discussion about the Association its objectives etc.
- The formal part of the General Meeting for approving the constitution, electing the Committee to be in charge until the next Annual General Meeting, approving the budget, and fixing the subscription and annual fees, and approval of projects if any.
- Welcoming and presentation of the Secretary General, President, Vice President and other officers of the Association as is;
- Purpose of the meeting. Aims and potential of the Association.
- Explanation of Partnerships that have already been made with the African Union, Association of African Maritime Administrations, Arab Federation of Shipping, and other authorities, and outline of future co-operation.
- General discussion of the constitution.
- Discussion of financial matters.
- Membership: After the discussion, by a show of hands all present will indicate their desire to form and join the Association so that the first general meeting can start.
- Approval of Constitution.
- First Elections
- Secretary General
- President and other positions within the Association
- Legal Advisers
- Financial Advisers
- Budget and Fees.
- Annual subscription.
- Bank Accounts
- Future activities of the Association :
- Conferences in African Countries
- Nor Shipping 2019
- Maritime Desk of the African Union
- Trade in Services
- Africa Shipping Lines
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD
Barrister Ms Funmi Folorunso
African Shipowners Association
14 Adebisi Close,
- Attendees must Register for the event and attend with the letter of invitation
- For those who require Visa letters please send an email requesting for it well in advance of the meeting
Date: 27th– 29th March 2019
Venue: Federal Place Hotel, 6-8 Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
Telephone: +234 803 1157197
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com